Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VGTU) was established in 1956. The name of Lithuanian Grand Duke Gediminas was awarded for the 40th anniversary of the university's activities.
VGTU is one of the largest universities in Lithuania, which strives for a leading position among Baltic states in technical and engineering education, and research. According to the QS Stars external audit standards, three categories of the university‘s performance – teaching, facilities and innovations were awarded five-star evaluation.
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University pursues to foster highly qualified, creative and socially active specialists, who would be able to successfully adapt to both Lithuanian and foreign markets of education and labour.
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University encompasses the following:
- Nearly 69.000 alumni over more than 55 years of the University‘s existence
- More than 11.000 students
- 10 faculties
- 12 research institutes, 5 research and 4 teaching centres, 31 research laboratories
- More than 1000 academic staff members
- Over 100 study programmes based on three-cycle structure: undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate studies
- Over 310 business partners all over Lithuania
- Over 410 higher education partners all over the World
Search and apply!
Faculty of Business Management Vilnius
Faculty of Fundamental Sciences Vilnius
Faculty of Mechanics Vilnius